SkaterzbooFBpage

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Officially in the 2nd trimester & All bout kids

Yeay!! Finally today I am officially in my 2nd trimester. 13 weeks. It had been the longest wait of my life!

My tummy is getting harder now. But no line yet visible yet running down my navel. It gets the hardest after every meal.

They say this is the honeymoon period of yr pregnancy. The best period of time. Oklah, I'm less fatique now, but my back ache is killing me. I can barely open my eyes now in the afternoon.

Btw did I already say, my little man now is now a MAN. Yes, dah baligh! Feel so odd. Last tues I send him to the clinic coz he got a high fever, maybe pasal baru baligh tak? Hahah! I was wearing my slippers and realised that he is now almost as tall as me. We dont look like mother and son. He's on a growth spurt now. I feel like he's my brother. Well we are only 17 years apart. So that explains I guess. He could have been my mum's son!

I was msning Bliszy today then suddenly this topic of breast engorgement came up. It started when she said she wanna sleep over my house when she comes back to lepas kan rindu. I said of coz she's welcome lah. Then she mentioned, " eh kak dat time you blum habis hari kan, with the baby cries and all" someting like dat lah. So I told her dat is my least worry. Its the breast engorgement part is wat I hated most in all of the pregnancy and post pregnancy period.

Its worst than labour pain. At least labour pains last only for hours. This one last for weeks. It even caused me fever and I had to take some medication to bring the swelling down. My breast felt like a rock. I feel like I'm carrying 2 big heavy rock on my body.

Ok now why did I wanna get pregnant again???

Oh wells I'm just glad I am for now. Let me regret this when I go thru it in Oct.

I'm hoping so much for a girl. They are more affectionate and more tings to dress them up with. I was at TM the other day and saw this frill skirts they sell. Atu wont look good in coz she's now as lean as a bamboo pole and too tall. Its more for cute fat babies. Atu looks like a model now. She even aims to dress up and walk like one. When ever she sits, her legs will be crossed and becoz her legs are long, she looks like a model. My baby girl has grown up so much. She's more of a big girl now. Btw I have decided to send her to Temasek Pri. Better lah there. Ppl shift houses, do parent duty just to get their kid into temasek Pri. Whilst I can easily get her in and for me to let that go, would very koo koo rite?

Aniq. What can I say bout my little mischevious Aniq. A true replica of his Ayah. His face, the way he tease ppl. Life would be so boring without him and to think that I almost wanted to abort him. I'm glad I didnt. Well it would never have happened anyway. I will surely get a tight *piang* on my face.

Sometimes I wonder. Am I being too lenient about my kids education? I should worry that till now, they still dont know their ABCs. Well I do of coz. But I just know deep in my heart that they will find a way to know it and learn it by hard themselves. I never pushed Akim. Ok so he was very slow at first. But now, he can pass all his subjects effortlessly. I never see him study, yet he scored such good marks for the last exam. Face it, some kids are slow whilst some are just born smart. really!

This is true fact. I never had any private tuition coz we couldnt afford one. My mum never monitor my studies. Hell she wasnt even there when I took my awards. But I still excel better than my cousins who had expensive good private tutors coaching them.

For me I just want them to make learning a fun experience. Not some hellish time. They dont have to be first in everything like how some other kiasu parents push their kids. As long as they did it and had fun with it, I'm just as proud as any other parents are. My ex boss, Andreas ever told me this. He dont get it why most Singaporeans get tutors for their kids to study after school, when the kids are already so drained out in school. The kids should rest and have some playtime so that they could concentrate in class. Well, I couldnt agree more! He's a german by the way. And they're smart. So that should be the correct way to let your kids learn.

Of coz, chubby being the typical Malay sporean who see his sister pushed her kids really hard wants me to teach my kids just like his sister. Well hello, no way hozay. I'm not a physco maniac crazy over ppl praises on how good my kids are at studies.As I have mentioned if the kids are born smart they dont need pushing. Her elder son is smart. I dont think its any of her efforts. He had excel through his own efforts.

As simple as that.

Well, that just my own personal opinions. Of coz you can still go ahead with your plans on how u want your kids to be smart. But one thing I cant stand are parents who like to compare.

"eh my son now can easily learn all his spelling on his own. So hows yr daughter?"

Idiotic numbwit. Well No, bragger. She cant. But she's no more wearing a pampers. I heard yours still, at 6 now??

They irritate me to the core!

You see I never like to condemn other ppl kids and make my kid look smarter than yours. Each child have their own capabilities in doing things. Well my daughter just so happen to know fashion, singing and dancing better than 123 or ABC. But still she's learning someting rite?

Its not as if she is to become a lawyer or doctor in the next 5 years? So I'm letting her do what she likes and same goes for all my other kids.

Are you so damn sure yours will turn out to be someone with high flying carreer in the future? Dont be too sure till you're there. And take care of your own will ya already?

Ok enough of my ramblings. Hey I just realise the blogger in me have slowly started to emerge back..

No comments: